Definition of deltiologist in English:
A person who collects postcards as a hobby.
- Links to other sites that may be of interest to deltiologists and collectors of coins, stamps, photographs,
- If any deltiologists care to unearth the details and send them my way, the information will be posted with credit and gratitude.
- As any deltiologist worth his stamps will tell you, the modern photographic picture postcard entered the world a few months after it was vacated by Queen Victoria.
- Example sentences
- In the period before the First World War, deltiology was the largest collecting hobby.
- As I understand it there is quite a bit of good deltiology literature available, so you may want to hunt for that to get more detailed information.
- Deltiology, the study of postcards, can involve the analysis of pigments, rag content of card stock, and other measurable parameters to determine the age of particular images.
Definition of deltiologist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia