- 1Triangular: a tree with large deltoid leavesMore example sentences
- In some cases, the deltoid branch of the profunda brachii (16% of individuals) arises from the brachial or from the superior ulnar collateral.
- Farther distally around the middle part of the shaft, is the deltoid tuberosity along the lateral border.
- Specimens are members of the Hyperoblastidae based on presence of four spiracles and anispiracle, deltoid crests (not faces), and two to four anideltoids.
nounBack to top
- 1A deltoid muscle.More example sentences
- Feel the three distinct heads of each deltoid contract and relax.
- This is why each deltoid is made up of three heads, each of which has a separate function.
- The cable crossover works the pectoralis major and minor, anterior deltoid, coracobrachialis and serratus anterior.
- 1.1Each of the three parts of a deltoid muscle, attached at the front, side, and rear of the shoulder: the anterior deltoidMore example sentences
- One key to shoulder training is to think of your front, side and rear deltoids as distinct (but small) muscles.
- The rear deltoid, teres minor and infraspinatus are responsible.
- The heavier you can go with your bench-press sets, the better for your pectorals, anterior deltoids and triceps, provided their work is not being stolen by cheating.
mid 18th century: from French deltoïde, or via modern Latin from Greek deltoeidēs.
More definitions of deltoidDefinition of deltoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary