- 1(Of a task) requiring much skill or effort: she has a busy and demanding jobMore example sentences
- It is a highly complex and demanding task that requires that a number of skills be performed simultaneously.
- Raising children is a demanding task; it requires energy and attention round the clock.
- Should that benefactor be reading this column, I should like to point out to them that writing a weekly column for the paper can be an arduous and demanding task at times.
- 1.1(Of a person) making others work hard or meet high standards.More example sentences
- In all my days, I have never met a woman was demanding and difficult as yourself.
- They no longer had to worry about a hungry baby, a demanding teenager, or a simple lack of time.
- My dream for the business is that we can continue to provide affordable, quality childcare that meets the demands of a very demanding customer base.
- More example sentences
- Her sister replied demandingly, ‘Well do a better job.’
- Margaret laughed shortly and Christine was thankful to relax on the couch that Francis had so demandingly ordered her to sit down on earlier.
- Sadly, the result could be a kitchen so demandingly hi-tech it provokes even domestic goddesses to kick holes in stained glass windows.