- A lustrous green variety of andradite (garnet).More example sentences
- The main uses of garnets are for abrasives and grinding materials; they also provide semi-precious gemstones such as rhodolite, demantoid, and grossular.
- The dragonflies' backs are composed of graduated black opals and the heads are of pink opals with demantoid garnet eyes.
- The third major find in recent years is green andradite, some of which may be considered demantoid.
late 19th century: from German, from Demant 'diamond'.
More definitions of demantoidDefinition of demantoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary