Definition of demine in English:
Remove explosive mines from: the country would now move to demine the 41 sites
More example sentences
- With international financing, the country rapidly demined the war zone; by 1994 no injuries related to mines were reported.
- Mine training focuses on the soldier's ability to work with and teach demining operations to indigenous personnel and foreign troops.
- Some experts believe that at the current rate of demining it will be 90 years before the country is mine free.
- deminer noun
- Example sentences
- At the end of each shift in the minefields, the deminers detonate the mines they've found in situ.
- This is several thousands times faster than the technique used by trained deminers equipped with probes, who clear 40m² of mined area per day.
- Rather than expose deminers to the danger of handling a possibly booby-trapped device, several methods have been proposed for destroying mines in situ without actually detonating them.
Definition of demine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.