Definition of demutualize in English:
Change (a mutual organization such as a savings and loan association) to one of a different kind.
- He said the 5-year claiming period since the company demutualised might possibly be extended for another two years.
- The size of any windfall is crucial to borrowers who are deciding which way to vote because they will have to pay higher mortgage bills if the lender demutualises.
- This building society demutualised in 1997 and now holds more than 3% of the UK's outstanding mortgage stock.
- Example sentences
- Back in May of this year, we reviewed the performance of various windfall shares received following the demutualisation of various building societies.
- Laurent recently told senior colleagues that partial demutualization - the process of changing a company's ownership structure to one based on shareholders - would ‘galvanize’ the group.
- Melmoth says the group hopes to expand - care homes for the elderly being the next opportunity - but says it will resist demutualisation.
Definition of demutualize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan