Change (a mutual organization such as a savings and loan association) to one of a different kind.
More example sentences
- He said the 5-year claiming period since the company demutualised might possibly be extended for another two years.
- The size of any windfall is crucial to borrowers who are deciding which way to vote because they will have to pay higher mortgage bills if the lender demutualises.
- This building society demutualised in 1997 and now holds more than 3% of the UK's outstanding mortgage stock.
- More example sentences
- Back in May of this year, we reviewed the performance of various windfall shares received following the demutualisation of various building societies.
- Laurent recently told senior colleagues that partial demutualization - the process of changing a company's ownership structure to one based on shareholders - would ‘galvanize’ the group.
- Melmoth says the group hopes to expand - care homes for the elderly being the next opportunity - but says it will resist demutualisation.
Definition of demutualize in:
- The British & World English dictionary