- A synthetic polymer with a branching, treelike structure.More example sentences
- The nanoparticle system used by Baker's lab is based on dendrimers, star-like synthetic polymers that can carry a vast array of molecules on the ends of their arms.
- Highly branched stilbene dendrimers were synthesized and their photochemical behavior was studied.
- The drug delivery vehicle used by the scientists is a manmade polymer molecule called a dendrimer.
1990s: from Greek dendron 'tree' + -i- + -mer.
More definitions of dendrimerDefinition of dendrimer in:
- The British & World English dictionary