Definition of dendritic in English:
1Having a branched form resembling a tree.
- A dendritic creek pattern may develop which is the most efficient in terms of dissipating incoming wave and tidal energy by friction.
- For example, limestone often contains dendritic (tree-like) patterns formed by precipitating manganese dioxide, and they are unique as are snowflakes.
- What we learn influences structures like dendritic branching and cell size; brain architectures in turn, support certain skills and abilities, which may lead us to select additional experiences.
1.1 Physiology Of or relating to a dendrite or dendrites.
- Normal dendritic accessory cells are a large family of morphologically distinctive potent antigen-presenting cells.
- Once activated, dendritic cells interact with other components of the immune system to stimulate the multiplication of a subset of T cells that will recognize and destroy infected cells.
- Rousing slumbering T cells is the job of dendritic cells, the sentinels of the immune system.
1.2(Of a solid) consisting of crystalline dendrites: dendritic salt
More example sentences
- When one sees dazzling dendritic arrays of crystalline gold such as that pictured here. it is tempting to imagine open cavities in the earth filled with breathtakingly beautiful similar crystallizations.
- This alloy, which is used widely for tubes, sheets and wires, also shows a dendritic structure of the a solid solution when chill fast.
- Fine specimens from this locality consist of lustrous lamellae to 3 cm long, prismatic crystals, and penetration twins producing arborescent or dendritic forms.
- Example sentences
- A strong correlation was found between the induction of LTP and the presence of dendritically initiated spikes.
- A new chemistry allows control of molecular architecture to produce dendritically branched materials having different molecular weights but possessing the same generational number.
- We think that we might be able to achieve a similar function through the construction of ‘dendrizymes’ which are composed of a catalytically active polyoxometalate that is nested in a shell of dendritically branching amphiphiles.
Definition of dendritic in:
- British & World English dictionary