1Having a branched form resembling a tree.
- A dendritic creek pattern may develop which is the most efficient in terms of dissipating incoming wave and tidal energy by friction.
- For example, limestone often contains dendritic (tree-like) patterns formed by precipitating manganese dioxide, and they are unique as are snowflakes.
- What we learn influences structures like dendritic branching and cell size; brain architectures in turn, support certain skills and abilities, which may lead us to select additional experiences.
1.1 Physiology Relating to a dendrite or dendrites.
- Normal dendritic accessory cells are a large family of morphologically distinctive potent antigen-presenting cells.
- Once activated, dendritic cells interact with other components of the immune system to stimulate the multiplication of a subset of T cells that will recognize and destroy infected cells.
- Rousing slumbering T cells is the job of dendritic cells, the sentinels of the immune system.
1.2(Of a solid) consisting of crystalline dendrites: dendritic salt
More example sentences
- When one sees dazzling dendritic arrays of crystalline gold such as that pictured here. it is tempting to imagine open cavities in the earth filled with breathtakingly beautiful similar crystallizations.
- This alloy, which is used widely for tubes, sheets and wires, also shows a dendritic structure of the a solid solution when chill fast.
- Fine specimens from this locality consist of lustrous lamellae to 3 cm long, prismatic crystals, and penetration twins producing arborescent or dendritic forms.
- Example sentences
- A strong correlation was found between the induction of LTP and the presence of dendritically initiated spikes.
- A new chemistry allows control of molecular architecture to produce dendritically branched materials having different molecular weights but possessing the same generational number.
- We think that we might be able to achieve a similar function through the construction of ‘dendrizymes’ which are composed of a catalytically active polyoxometalate that is nested in a shell of dendritically branching amphiphiles.
Words that rhyme with dendriticanalytic, anchoritic, anthracitic, arthritic, bauxitic, calcitic, catalytic, critic, cryptanalytic, Cushitic, diacritic, dioritic, dolomitic, enclitic, eremitic, hermitic, lignitic, mephitic, paralytic, parasitic, psychoanalytic, pyritic, Sanskritic, saprophytic, Semitic, sybaritic, syenitic, syphilitic, troglodytic
Definition of dendritic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.