(also dengue fever)
- A debilitating viral disease of the tropics, transmitted by mosquitoes, and causing sudden fever and acute pains in the joints.More example sentences
- Also, you have to look into diseases like malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, and typhoid.
- Dengue fever or dengue hemorrhagic fever is a viral disease carried by mosquitoes.
- Common scourges found in the desert include plague, typhus, malaria, dengue fever, dysentery, cholera, and typhoid.
early 19th century: from West Indian Spanish, from Kiswahili dinga (in full kidingapopo), influenced by Spanish dengue 'fastidiousness' (with reference to the dislike of movement by affected patients).
More definitions of dengueDefinition of dengue in:
- The British & World English dictionary