Definition of denialist in English:
A person who does not acknowledge the truth of a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence; a denier: the small minority of very vocal climate change denialists [as modifier]: the denialist view
More example sentences
- But denialists have never been interested in understanding the science, after all, if they understood it, they could not be in denial anymore.
- He came under the influence of a group of maverick scientists known as Aids denialists.
- Until recently, AIDS researchers and activists in the United States tended to regard the denialists with derision, assuming they would fade away.
- Example sentences
- There's big money to be made in climate change denialism.
- For his dedication he gets little thanks or government support in a new era in which denialism begins to dominate.
- The cause of public confidence in science is ill served by the dogmatic and intolerant banner of 'denialism'.
Definition of denialist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan