Definition of denominational in English:
Relating to or according to the principles of a particular religious denomination: denominational relief agencies
More example sentences
- Moreover, it would be a mistake to imagine that the extensive denominational press was narrowly sectarian.
- Most school boards taught religion but not denominational doctrine, which was, from the bishops' point of view, bad enough.
- Although secular instruction was given in common, denominational religious teaching was conducted separately.
- Example sentences
- From my point of view, in sum, it is not the culture wars in the churches that signal the decline of denominationalism and the seriousness of religious commitment.
- These books suggest that our commitments in their totality may be more important in choosing a church than denominationalism or form and style of worship.
- What is their new vision of the ecumenical future, and can it be accommodated within the old wineskins of denominationalism?
Definition of denominational in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India