Definition of densify in English:
verb (densifies, densifying, densified)[with object] (often as adjective densified)
Make (something) more dense: densified hardboard
More example sentences
- Fibers containing particles bound by this method are easily densified.
- Losing the character of their neighbourhood was the motivating factor for Jay Sakamoto and his mom, Nancy, to take issue with a city plan to allow developers to densify the neighbourhood near Youngmore Road.
- It densifies the ground so that if a real quake does occur, the land will be strong enough to withstand it.
- Example sentences
- Based on the existing low urban densities, this suggests the densification of the existing area within easy access of the existing and intended infrastructure.
- Simm, a former realtor, believes the city should have consulted more widely with the public before creating policies that have paved the way for densification of former single-family neighbourhoods.
- Will the aching need for affordable housing mean further densification of already crowded neighborhoods?
Definition of densify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia