Definition of denticulate in English:
Having small teeth or toothlike projections; finely toothed.
- Both mesial and distal edges of the crowns are coarsely denticulate, with the denticles oriented at an angle of approximately 45° with respect to the long axis of the crown.
- The outer lip is crenulated on its edge, and smooth or weakly denticulate on the inner side.
- Sculpture on the inner side of the outer lip varies from absent to lirate to denticulate.
- Example sentences
- In some specimens the anterior edge of the base is serrated or irregularly denticulated.
- The outer side is smoothly rounded; on the inner side the anterior edge is faintly denticulated.
- Because of the denticulated architecture of the rim, with its numerous and perilous lookouts, this would add countless miles to our trip.
Mid 17th century: from Latin denticulatus, from denticulus 'small tooth' (see denticle).
Words that rhyme with denticulatearticulate
Definition of denticulate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.