Definition of dentin in English:
Hard, dense, bony tissue forming the bulk of a tooth beneath the enamel.
- Human teeth are made up of four different types of tissue: pulp, dentin, enamel, and cementum.
- The bulk of the tooth consists of the bony substance dentine, surrounding the soft inner pulp that contains blood vessels and nerves.
- Cells from neural crest predominate in tissues that form internal tooth components such as dentin, pulp, and cementum - the bone-like material the forms the root.
- Example sentences
- Using scanning electron microscopy, researchers uncovered evidence of dentinal tubules, basic structures that exist in almost all teeth, including humans.
- A single ‘reader’ made the age estimates using counts of dentinal growth layer groups to estimate minimum age.
Definition of dentin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.