Definition of dentist in English:
A person qualified to treat the diseases and conditions that affect the teeth and gums, especially the repair and extraction of teeth and the insertion of artificial ones.
- Most people have teeth removed under local anaesthesia by a general dentist or oral surgeon.
- Your dentist or dental hygienist can apply topical fluorides during dental visits.
- Visit your dentist or hygienist to have your teeth scaled and polished on a regular basis.
- Example sentences
- The advent of adhesive, tooth-coloured fillings has revolutionized restorative dentistry.
- Do you have training in a field such as psychology, medicine, social work or dentistry?
- If you have tooth decay or gum disease, this should be treated before any cosmetic dentistry is started.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan