- A removable plate or frame holding one or more artificial teeth.More example sentences
- All teeth can be replaced with removable partial or complete dentures.
- There are some advantages to retaining selected teeth under dentures instead of having them extracted.
- Like natural teeth, dentures must be kept as clean as possible.
late 19th century: from French, from dent 'tooth', from Latin dens, dent-.
More definitions of dentureDefinition of denture in:
- The British & World English dictionary