- Deceased: a dear departed relativeMore example sentences
- The triumphalism gives way to the mourning contemplation of a dear departed friend's great qualities of heart and mind.
- They were discussing the trip to the mainland, shopping for just the right casket for their dear departed friend.
- I know things about you that nobody else knows, not even your dear departed husband.
noun(the departed) Back to top
- A particular dead person or dead people: the prayer for the departedMore example sentences
- They find an unopened card on the tombstone with a poem about dancing on the departed's grave to celebrate their lives.
- The secondhand 1983 Cadillac De Ville had previously been owned by a Queens funeral home and had ushered thousands of dearly departeds to their final resting place.
- In terms of land use, the typical cemetery can hold between 1,000 and 2,000 dearly departeds per acre, so we're devoting a maximum of 1,700 acres of new cemetery ground each year.