verb[with object] (usually be departmentalized)
Divide (an organization or its work) into departments.
More example sentences
- We can try to departmentalize our lives, but it's impossible.
- He hopes this will lead to more cross over between the commercial and editorial teams: ‘Gone are the days when newspaper groups are departmentalised.’
- Typical is the introduction of ‘flow manufacturing,’ through which a highly departmentalised organisation becomes a one-process organisation, with the aim of increasing productivity and profitability levels.
- More example sentences
- Another popular new development is middle-school departmentalization, in which students have different teachers for different subjects, as is the case in public middle schools.
- He was the elected deputy in the years 1932-1946 - the last year of his service being the year that departmentalization was enacted.
- Professors of women's studies are anxious about institutionalization, departmentalization, and teaching evaluations, she said.
Definition of departmentalize in:
- The British & World English dictionary