Definition of departmentalize in English:
verb[with object] (usually be departmentalized)
Divide (an organization or its work) into departments.
- We can try to departmentalize our lives, but it's impossible.
- He hopes this will lead to more cross over between the commercial and editorial teams: ‘Gone are the days when newspaper groups are departmentalised.’
- Typical is the introduction of ‘flow manufacturing,’ through which a highly departmentalised organisation becomes a one-process organisation, with the aim of increasing productivity and profitability levels.
- Example sentences
- Another popular new development is middle-school departmentalization, in which students have different teachers for different subjects, as is the case in public middle schools.
- He was the elected deputy in the years 1932-1946 - the last year of his service being the year that departmentalization was enacted.
- Professors of women's studies are anxious about institutionalization, departmentalization, and teaching evaluations, she said.
Definition of departmentalize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan