Definition of deplore in English:
Feel or express strong disapproval of (something): we deplore this act of violence
More example sentences
- He acknowledges a common humanity, denouncing modern race slavery in the strongest terms and deploring the disappearance of Indian civilizations into a historical void in which their cultural meanings would be forever lost.
- The official condemnations of the bombing, therefore, focus not on deploring the act but on lamenting the consequences.
- He said: " The council deplores all acts of violence ".
- Example sentences
- James looked at me deploringly and not in the least guilty looking at all.
- Colleen groaned and rolled onto her side, looking deploringly at her mother.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan