A person or thing that makes depredations, especially a predatory animal.
- The depredators were, however, stunned with the courageous defiance by the Queen's soldiers.
- Also, they have quite a reputation as a depredator of quail, chicken, and turkey eggs.
- His uneasiness when the whip was used, testified by clamorous complaints, made the whole scene so amusing that the depredators were allowed to depart without a word of remonstrance.
- Example sentences
- These sections regulate the taking and permitted killing of nongame mammals and depredatory animals.
- And evolution of any management strategy requires knowledge on depredatory birds' feeding guild structure, breeding and roosting ecology.
- The coastal States remain united in seeking a permanent solution to poaching, depredatory and illegal fishing practices in the form of a legally-binding agreement.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of depredator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.