- 1Causing or resulting in a feeling of miserable dejection: that thought is too depressing for wordsMore example sentences
- For today was equally as depressing and miserable as the last ten months.
- Walking around the town centre last Saturday was a miserable, depressing experience.
- Why couldn't he leave me to my miserable depressing, but completely productive thoughts?
- 1.1Causing a damaging reduction in economic activity: the mortgage rate increase will have a depressing effect on the housing marketMore example sentences
- By doing this they will set in motion a depressing effect on economic activity some time in the future - more than likely in 12 months or so time.
- This is despite the fact that no account has been taken of the potentially depressing impact on economic activity and revenue buoyancy of their tax raising proposals.
- Higher interest rates, and the threat of further rises, have had a depressing effect on the market.
- More example sentences
- However, there is a downside to this, with the number of people putting money aside for pension schemes depressingly low.
- They are images that have become depressingly familiar.
- A pointless year is also a depressingly real possibility.