- An echo sounder or other device for measuring water depth, especially for navigation and fishing.More example sentences
- When underway, use your depth finder to stay in water deep enough for your boat's draft.
- When you find a likely spot, check the chart for wing dams and other obstructions and head slowly straight in, watching your depth finder.
- Elaborate electronics are not necessary but a depth finder, VHF radio and probably a cell phone are.
More definitions of depth finderDefinition of depth finder in:
- The British & World English dictionary