- The study of unconscious mental processes and motives, especially in psychoanalytic theory and practice.More example sentences
- Now I guess in Jungian depth psychology and in psychoanalysis, the unconscious figures fairly dominantly.
- Appealing to the collective unconscious is becoming less tenable as a deus ex machina in a world where memetics and evolutionary psychology have replaced depth psychology as the essential means of understanding the self.
- The interwar years saw the development and spread of the concepts and assumptions of depth psychology, particularly of psychoanalytic thought.
More definitions of depth psychologyDefinition of depth psychology in:
- The British & World English dictionary