- Reduce the power rating of (a component or device): the engines were derated to 90 horse powerMore example sentences
- He said the design is basically a 9,000-lb-thrust engine, heavily derated to specific airframe power requirements.
- The transmission derates the outputs of both engine types to 450 shp for takeoff and 380 shp for max continuous thrust.
- The thrust of the two turbofan engines on underwing pylons would be uprated or derated to reflect the number of seats, allowing the same engine to be used on all three versions.
More definitions of derateDefinition of derate in:
- The British & World English dictionary