Remove regulations or restrictions from: a law that would deregulate cable TV prices
More example sentences
- After a state passes a law to deregulate the electric industry, the regulatory commission steps in to create the rules.
- In the late 1990s, the industry was abuzz with plans to deregulate the markets and break up public monopolies.
- The fuel market was deregulated last year, prompting a series of price hikes that were met with widespread protests.
- Example sentences
- The government should place top priority on creating new jobs in such a way as to offer incentives to the companies that increase employment and take bolder deregulatory measures to provide better circumstances for doing business.
- In the present deregulatory climate, however, it is not surprising that a recent proposed bill introducing six weeks of parental leave to be financed by employers' levies has not progressed beyond a select committee.
- The measure's deregulatory origins forgotten, it became a program of ‘targeted investment.’
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of deregulate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.