Another term for dermis.
- Repairing major damage to the derma is a difficult problem facing plastic surgeons.
- The name echinoderm comes from the Greek echinos, meaning hedgehog, and derma, the skin.
- Being lipophilic, the oil can penetrate down through the upper level of the skin to the derma.
Words that rhyme with dermaaffirmer, Burma, Irma, murmur, squirmer, terra firma, wormer
Beef or chicken intestine, stuffed and cooked in dishes such as kishke.
- They'd serve you exotic treats like stuffed derma or chopped liver with sliced egg and there would be a live band and floral centerpieces and matchbooks with your friend's name on it embossed in gold.
- The derma came out sliced in five or six pieces and seared on both sides with terrific beef gravy. I gingerly put my fork in expecting the worse, but I was pleasantly surprised.
- The stuffed derma came as two huge slices with thick brown gravy on the side.
From Yiddish derme, plural of darm 'intestine'; related to Old English tharm 'intestine'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.