- another term for dermis.More example sentences
- Repairing major damage to the derma is a difficult problem facing plastic surgeons.
- The name echinoderm comes from the Greek echinos, meaning hedgehog, and derma, the skin.
- Being lipophilic, the oil can penetrate down through the upper level of the skin to the derma.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek 'skin'.
- Beef or chicken intestine, stuffed and cooked in dishes such as kishke.More example sentences
- They'd serve you exotic treats like stuffed derma or chopped liver with sliced egg and there would be a live band and floral centerpieces and matchbooks with your friend's name on it embossed in gold.
- The derma came out sliced in five or six pieces and seared on both sides with terrific beef gravy. I gingerly put my fork in expecting the worse, but I was pleasantly surprised.
- The stuffed derma came as two huge slices with thick brown gravy on the side.
from Yiddish derme, plural of darm 'intestine'; related to Old English tharm 'intestine'.