Definition of dermatology in English:
The branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders.
- Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.
- The department of internal medicine and dermatology has 170 beds in six general wards and a medical intensive care unit with 10 beds.
- Likewise, telemedicine might be cost effective for some disciplines such as dermatology and radiology but not for others.
- Example sentences
- Its side effects include hepatotoxicity, gastrointestinal symptoms, and dermatological reaction.
- The increased numbers of respiratory and dermatological disorders in the triage group, therefore, do not account for the increase in costs.
- Advances in the understanding of dermatological conditions have allowed dermatologists to refine treatments.
- Example sentences
- It further claimed the product was ‘dermatologically tested and FDA approved.’
- Bringing jewellery closer than ever before to the body, to fashion and cosmetics, the tattoos are imitation crystals that are easily applied directly to the skin by means of a dermatologically tested adhesive.
- Clinically and dermatologically tested, they look inoffensively like pink marshmallows and are designed to block the flow of blood during intercourse without being felt by either party.
Words that rhyme with dermatologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of dermatology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan