noun (plural dermatomycoses /-ˌsēz/)
- A fungal infection of the skin, especially by a dermatophyte.More example sentences
- With some pertinent exceptions, dermatomycosis is typically confined to the superficial keratinized tissue and, thus, can often be treated with topical antifungal medications.
- All clinical specimens from cats and dogs with skin disease, suggesting dermatomycoses were included.
- The efficacy of unspecific and specific immune responses decides on the development of dermatomycoses in domestic animals.
More definitions of dermatomycosisDefinition of dermatomycosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary