Definition of dermis in English:
- The dermal-epidermal junction, papillary dermis, and reticular dermis were assessed separately.
- Mitotic figures are variably present, and tumor aggregates may extend into the reticular dermis or even subcutaneous fat.
- The reactive epithelium may extend into the superficial reticular dermis, simulating a carcinoma.
1.1 Anatomy The thick layer of living tissue below the epidermis that forms the true skin, containing blood capillaries, nerve endings, sweat glands, hair follicles, and other structures.
- The thicker or inner layer of the dermis contains blood vessels, hair follicles, nerve endings, sweat and sebaceous glands.
- The middle layer, or dermis, contains connective tissue, small blood vessels, sweat and oil glands, nerves, and cells that produce collagen, called fibroblasts.
- The biopsy should include surrounding skin with underlying dermis and connective tissue so that the pathologist can evaluate the depth of stromal invasion.
- Example sentences
- Stromal retraction between tumor islands and dermal connective tissue was observed in 12 cases.
- The blood is fixed within damaged capillaries in the deep dermal plexus
- While the dermal layer has many capillaries, it has fewer nerve endings at sites other than the fingers.
- ( rare )Example sentences
- At a dermic level, it gives back to the tissue its characteristic firmness and elasticity.
- A new biopsy showed the persistence of the dermic infiltration, compatible with ‘T’ cutaneous lymphoma.
- The cutaneous lesions are manifestly of the allergic type, the proteins of the microfilaria sensitizing the dermic tissues.
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, suggested by epidermis.
Words that rhyme with dermisepidermis, kermis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.