Showing a critical or disrespectful attitude: she tells me I’m fat and is always making derogatory remarks
More example sentences
- The people who made the derogatory remarks were a group whose tongues may have been loosened by drink.
- I was disappointed that he had to resort to derogatory and intolerant remarks to try to be funny.
- People have lost their jobs over derogatory remarks made in blogs, but can you be sued for libel or defamation?
- More example sentences
- Many of the incomers (or ‘white settlers’, as they are sometimes derogatorily known) are seeking a better quality of life away from the big cities.
- Roma, derogatorily known as gypsies, have lived in Eastern Europe since about 1300.
- This is why serious astrologers shrink away from what is somewhat derogatorily referred to as ‘sun-sign astrology‘.