Definition of desalinize in English:
Another term for desalinate.
- In southwestern Florida, the water district is reportedly spending more than a billion U.S. dollars to come up with ways to meet the growing demand, including desalinizing ocean water.
- The island's location, in the doldrums of the Caribbean, forces it to rely on desalinized ocean water, which is very expensive.
- But in reality if you add those costs, I believe the cost of water that you are drinking is higher than the desalinized water.
- Example sentences
- This process is also known as desalinization, desalting or saline water reclamation.
- The plan calls for petrochemical plants, along with power stations and desalinization plants that will sell their output to local customers.
- We also know the desalinization is expensive and will cause marine pollution when the hot, briny residue is dumped back in the sea.
Definition of desalinize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan