Make less saturated; cause to become unsaturated.
- The colors are alternately desaturated and deeply saturated, which probably figures into the complex narrative structure in some way.
- They oppose it with tint, which is the opposite process of adding white to a colour, to desaturate it.
- Stronger saturations call for a much louder voice, where desaturated schemes lend themselves to a much lighter touch.
- Example sentences
- Without knowing polysomnography results, a single technician computed the oximetry desaturation index from 379 studies as the number of desaturations at or exceeding 3% magnitude divided by test duration in hours.
- In plants and cyanobacteria, these steps are catalysed by two enzymes, phytoene desaturase and carotene desaturase, each mediating two symmetrically positioned desaturations.
- The mechanisms of persistent sleepiness in treated sleep apnea are presently not known, but severity of oxyhemoglobin desaturations best predicts sleepiness in persons with obstructive sleep apnea.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of desaturate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.