Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of descale in English:
verb[with object] British
Remove deposits of scale from: if you have problems with your heating system, you need to descale it thoroughly
More example sentences
- Wash bins, descale taps and plugholes, etc, as required.
- Tubes supplied with an anodized surface must be descaled at the ends before welding.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning, disinfecting and descaling.
- Example sentences
- He claimed the chemical was very expensive but admitted he had mistakenly believed he was using a descaler.
- The element in our last kettle was impervious to descaler and had started to resemble a chilly tundra.
- In addition, formic acid is an active ingredient in commercial cleaning products, such as descalers, rust removers, and degreasers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.