noun (plural descamisados)
- (In Latin America) a very poor person.More example sentences
- She was a crucial component of that political structure and irreplaceable - as the leader soon realized when his economic policies began to strain his relationship with the descamisados.
- Her mammoth wage increases for her beloved descamisados resulted in overwhelming political support for her husband.
- Upwards of 200,000 descamisados entered the capital city and demanded that Perón be their Leader.
mid 19th century: Spanish, literally 'shirtless'.
More definitions of descamisadoDefinition of descamisado in:
- The British & World English dictionary