- The part of the large intestine that passes downward on the left side of the abdomen toward the rectum.More example sentences
- The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.
- The inferior artery also gave rise to two branches: one to the inferior portion of the descending colon and the other to the sigmoid colon and rectum.
- On palpation of the abdomen I found the descending colon very tender, as well as the epigastric region.
More definitions of descending colonDefinition of descending colon in:
- The British & World English dictionary