Definition of descriptor in English:
1An element or term that has the function of describing, identifying, or indexing, in particular.
- The software is designed to identify an individual using 692 facial descriptors to capture and identify a face.
- Now no doubt there are some for whom those terms are true descriptors.
- In a captivating style, both scholarly and conversational, the author explores gender as identity, membership, descriptor, and label.
1.1 Linguistics A word or expression used to describe or identify something.
- Values are expressed as mean [+ or -] SD, and the word descriptors are expressed as [chi square] or by p value.
- Next, I determined whether the literature distribution is different across different key word descriptors describing environmental endocrine disruption.
- The descriptor words themselves appeared one or more times within a particular obituary or across different obituaries.
1.2 Computing A piece of stored data that indicates how other data is stored.
- Since Linux stores the process descriptor and the kernel mode process stack in a single 8KB memory area, we can use this fact and avoid allocating memory for labeling the subjects.
- Method of scheduling interrupts to the linked lists of transfer descriptors scheduled at intervals on a serial bus
- Scanning an array of descriptors or waiting for data consumes processing time.