Definition of desegregate in English:
End a policy of racial segregation in: actions to desegregate schools
More example sentences
- We must ensure that where desegregated schools exist, segregation within the school does not minimize interracial exposure.
- They felt that African Americans, by going to desegregated schools would face segregation within those schools and suffer accordingly.
- He was the first President to desegregate the U.S. Army, the military, and the first President to put forth the Civil Rights Act.
- Example sentences
- In addition, the author's point to more recent research that shows educational and civic benefits of desegregation for all racial groups.
- This is the issue of the liberals who have pushed for desegregation.
- Significant policy change, like school desegregation, tended to begin and end in the courts.
Definition of desegregate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan