Definition of deselect in English:
Turn off (a selected feature) on a list of options on a computer menu.
- The ability to select and deselect the files from the preview menu was hardly friendly, and I was initially left quite discouraged.
- It takes only a long click on the application icon then selecting / deselecting the run-in compatibility mode icon to give it a try.
- The effect palette allows you to quickly select and deselect color controls like levels, brightness, and curves, which helps you avoid retracing steps to make color changes.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, the impact has been minimised by the simple fact that not a single volume will be moved before October, and then staff can double-check a list of proposed deselections.
- Yesterday the leader rejected suggestions the deselections and resignation were evidence of the party being ‘out of touch’.
- She said she would do her best to bind the wounds of the association, which have been left gaping by the 40-plus members who signed the petition calling for her deselection.
Definition of deselect in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.