Definition of deselect in English:
Turn off (a selected feature) on a list of options on a computer menu.
- The ability to select and deselect the files from the preview menu was hardly friendly, and I was initially left quite discouraged.
- It takes only a long click on the application icon then selecting / deselecting the run-in compatibility mode icon to give it a try.
- The effect palette allows you to quickly select and deselect color controls like levels, brightness, and curves, which helps you avoid retracing steps to make color changes.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, the impact has been minimised by the simple fact that not a single volume will be moved before October, and then staff can double-check a list of proposed deselections.
- Yesterday the leader rejected suggestions the deselections and resignation were evidence of the party being ‘out of touch’.
- She said she would do her best to bind the wounds of the association, which have been left gaping by the 40-plus members who signed the petition calling for her deselection.
Definition of deselect in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan