- A one-volume dictionary of medium size.More example sentences
- A study was conducted in order to determine the usefulness of an American college desk dictionary used by English as a Second Language students when taking a vocabulary test.
- College or desk dictionaries in print, the most common type, are still easier to use, easier to read, and more convenient to reach than their electronic equivalents.
- Since then, the publishing company has sold more than 55 million copies and consistently set the standard for college-level desk dictionaries in this country.
More definitions of desk dictionaryDefinition of desk dictionary in:
- The British & World English dictionary