Definition of desktop in English:
1The working surface of a desk.
- The height was good being only 11 mm from the desktop to the surface which would keep wrist strain at a minimum.
- It does however have an issue that the desktop and laminated mouse surfaces don't have and that is added noise.
- In comparison I've used a cheap laminated mat and the desktop surface itself.
1.2A desktop computer.
- That's why I think all desktop antivirus apps should now include some type of firewall.
- Any authenticated server, desktop or laptop can now use storage resources.
- Not much separates the workstation I use for photo editing from a good Linux desktop.
1.3The working area of a computer screen regarded as a representation of a notional desktop and containing icons representing items such as files and a wastebasket.
- The fix requires customers to download an executable file to the desktop, and then reboot the PC.
- Frequently users place icons on the desktop to quickly access some application, files or folders they regularly use.
- She had put all her files and icons on her desktop.
Definition of desktop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan