- Deserving hatred and contempt: a despicable crimeMore example sentences
- The attacks are a despicable crime that will horrify anyone with any shred of decency or humanity.
- A despicable attack of blatant hatred has failed completely to tear us apart.
- This is truly disgusting stuff - morally despicable and professionally disreputable.
- More example sentences
- Instead he was treated despicably and I hope whoever is nominated to take over will not have to go through that same sort of public humiliation.
- Their bleating about their efforts regarding problem gambling are absolutely, completely and utterly, despicably hypocritical.
- But out of sheer determination and a refusal to get dragged down by such despicably anti-social behaviour, they enjoyed the good times and battled through the bad times.
mid 16th century: from late Latin despicabilis, from despicari 'look down on'.