Definition of destination in English:
- Other increasingly popular destinations are Croatia, Bulgaria, Cuba and Turkey.
- Other popular export destinations included Canada, Asia and the Middle East.
- In recent years, prisons have become popular tourist destinations in parts of Asia.
adjectiveBack to top
- The best part of Los Angeles is that it is the destination place for the entire world.
- This East End patch may not be a destination spot for the media trend pundits, but there is a vibe about the place.
- This, he says, must be a destination hotel for the discerning business and leisure visitor.
late Middle English: from Latin destinatio(n-), from destinare 'make firm, establish'. The original sense was 'the action of intending someone or something for a particular purpose', later 'being destined for a particular place', hence (from the early 19th century) the place itself.