Definition of destroying angel in English:
A deadly poisonous white toadstool that grows in woodlands and is native to both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Amanita, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes: several species, including the North American A. bisporigera and the European A. virosa
- It includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel, besides several species which are poisonous to a lesser extent.
- Back at the hotel, he'll help you turn them into a full-blown feast - then treat you to fireside horror stories about what would have happened if you'd picked a destroying angel.
- Fear of destroying angels should not prevent you from mushroom hunting.
Definition of destroying angel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.