A deadly poisonous white toadstool that grows in woodlands and is native to both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Amanita, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes: several species, including the North American A. bisporigera and the European A. virosa
More example sentences
- It includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel, besides several species which are poisonous to a lesser extent.
- Back at the hotel, he'll help you turn them into a full-blown feast - then treat you to fireside horror stories about what would have happened if you'd picked a destroying angel.
- Fear of destroying angels should not prevent you from mushroom hunting.
Definition of destroying angel in:
- The British & World English dictionary