- 1.1(Of a house or other building) not joined to another on either side: a four-bedroom detached houseMore example sentences
standing alone, separate
- The Robin Hood Hotel, in Kingston Vale, was closed in August and developer Bewley Homes wants to demolish it and build six detached and two semi-detached houses.
- Between those years the cost of a four bedroom detached in Brandlesholme soared from £46, 500 to £175,000.
- There's an imposing sandstone detached residence, in an exclusive cul-de-sac, with an extensive refurbishment completed.
- 1.2Aloof and objective: he managed to remain detached from petty politicsMore example sentences
- But doesn't the combination of an Oxford academic workload and a Blue Boat training regime leave him socially detached from anyone outside the tiny rowing bubble?
- He tried to concentrate on the opening words of all parties involved, but the sounds seemed to come from a distance and he felt as though he were somewhat detached from it all.
- All these practices flout psychology's belief that researchers must remain detached from their research in order to preserve their objectivity.
- More example sentences
- Now let us calmly attempt, without becoming involved in this dispute, to look detachedly upon the object of the dispute.
- Just silence, while the words sink and take their effect, while the bruise forms prematurely and I am busy detachedly noting the power of a sentence to destroy me.
- The assassin sat looking at the police officers detachedly.