- The severance of social, political, or cultural practices from their native places and populations.More example sentences
- Globalization also represents a great threat insofar as it implies the deterritorialization of all cultural systems.
- Deleuze put it perfectly: capitalist deterritorialization requires a constant reterritorialization.
- Terrorism's deterritorialization is a negative reflection of our own economic and political tendencies.
- More example sentences
- The French spend their time taking stock, while the English, he says, always ‘deterritorialize themselves’.
- Sakai's notion of English as a contributor of heterogeneity also helps to deterritorialize English as a language that conveys an inherently American cultural sensibility.
- It must deterritorialize tradition and celebrate the entrepreneur currently starring in financial pages and stump speeches, not to mention school curricula.