Definition of detrain in English:
1.1 [with object] Cause or assist to leave a train: passengers were detrained because the train was on fire
More example sentences
- After detraining the passengers, the train backed out on the main, reversed direction, and then went east 18 miles to Seth to turn on the wye.
- It is a revenue run, Train 3600, but I did not observe any passengers detrain once it arrived.
- The platform was mobbed with people just detraining from a Corridor train on the opposite track but we soon reached Location A where our car would be spotted.
- Example sentences
- Consequently, addressing human factors issues implicated in wrong direction moves or unauthorised detrainments can result in SMARTer recommendations and lead to organisational and cultural changes.
- A chap from the HMRI (Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate) came to talk to me and a supervisor about detrainments yesterday.
Definition of detrain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan