Definition of deuterated in English:
(Of a compound) in which the ordinary isotope of hydrogen has been replaced with deuterium.
- The activation energy is greater and the rate of the reaction is correspondingly less for the deuterated compounds.
- It must be remembered that the deuterated compounds have a lower Tm than the nondeuterated compounds.
- They then dissolved the sample in deuterated acetone and filtered it before running the NMR spectra.
- Example sentences
- Neutron diffraction determinations of the methyl distribution using specific deuteration will resolve the issue.
- The results indicate that also in viscous solutions, where bimolecular quenching reactions are inhibited, deuteration of the ring nitrogen does not affect the lifetime of NATA.
- Pohnert used deuteration techniques to figure out which nutrients are being used to make the chemical weapons.
Definition of deuterated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan