Definition of deutzia in English:
An ornamental shrub with white or pinkish flowers native to Asia and Central America.
- Genus Deutzia, family Hydrangeaceae
- Spring-flowering shrubs include such popular plants as forsythia, deutzia, lilac, viburnum, mock-orange and spirea.
- These include viburnums, forsythia, spiraea, osmanthus, deutzia, weigela and similar plants.
- We have now reached the later days of May, and the deutzias should be planted out in the open ground.
Modern Latin, named after Johann van der Deutz, 18th-century Dutch patron of botany.
Definition of deutzia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.