Definition of deutzia in English:
An ornamental shrub with white or pinkish flowers native to Asia and Central America.
- Genus Deutzia, family Hydrangeaceae
- Spring-flowering shrubs include such popular plants as forsythia, deutzia, lilac, viburnum, mock-orange and spirea.
- These include viburnums, forsythia, spiraea, osmanthus, deutzia, weigela and similar plants.
- We have now reached the later days of May, and the deutzias should be planted out in the open ground.
modern Latin, named after Johann van der Deutz, 18th-century Dutch patron of botany.
Definition of deutzia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan