Definition of developable in English:
1.1(Of land or property) able to be adapted or improved so as to become productive or profitable.
- But now, I witnessed the steady, indeed significant rise of building inflation to match the hearty price rises of new homes and developable land.
- It is a shocking fact that despite the vast tracts of industrial wasteland in inner Glasgow the city now has a shortage of developable land.
- Officers, in their report, say there is no developable land in the area.
1.2 Geometry (Of a curved surface) capable of being flattened into a plane without overlap or separation, as with a cylinder.
- The reduction of the longitudinal length could explain the developable surface but would not be compatible with the hexagonal packing of the columns.
- These developable surfaces can be explained either by the curvature of long and rather flexible nanotubes or by short nanotubes.
- The only class of such surfaces known before Weingarten consisted of the developable surfaces isometric to the plane.
1.3 Mathematics (Of a function or expression) capable of being expanded as a series.
- In this particular ground state, the Euclidean point of view, there are no constraints acting on the developable function, and all directions are the same.
- The topic of analytic iteration (i.e. fractional/real/complex iteration in the set of powerseries developable functions) seems to me the most interesting field regarding uniqueness of the solutions.
Definition of developable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia